Thursday, July 5, 2012

Taste of Texas

 

Taste of Texas has to be one of my favorite restaurants in Houston. I'm not a huge steak fan but I drool over their steak here! This place is the epitome of everything is bigger in Texas. The real estate of this restaurant is huge! There's a fancy little waiting room filled with complimentary beverages, chips and salsa, and popcorn. There's also a minibar in the back to get the party started while you wait. 

Hello there!


Complimentary drinks, chips and salsa, and popcorn - well then, sure don't mind the 1 hour wait!

Chips and Salsa and Ice Tea

Their meals come with a trip to their amazing.... AMAZING (it's so amazing I had to say it twice) salad bar. All the ingredients are so fresh and the perfect ingredients to make the most bomb ass salad you will ever have. It will change your life. It changed mine.  I went with romaine lettuce, chopped eggs, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, croutons, and balsamic vinaigrette. Every bite was a tangy, salty, bite of heaven.

The bread is to die for. There are 3 delicious options: Soft, fluffy, white rolls; cheese rolls, or jalapeno cornbread. All are so warm and delicious. I want to crumble it up and just swim in it. My favorite is the cheese bread. 

Now for the main course. I get the 6 oz center filet with lemon pepper and garlic butter cooked medium. Wow, each bite I die and get reborn again. The meat is so tendy and juicy and the seasoning and butter engage in a dance on your tongue. 

Of course, at the end they bring a giant platter of delicious desserts. I had to pass on dessert this time or face being rolled out of the restaurant..... and that ain't cute. :)

No comments: