Friday, November 8, 2013

DIY Coca-Cola Costume


Coca-cola is one of my favorite brands. Who doesn't love a refreshing coke? Especially since I'm a marketer in our branding department, I admire their branding and gush over how amazing it is. I had coca-cola on my mind since touring their headquarters in Atlanta in September. The whole time during the tour, all you wanted was a freaking coke.... and they ended it with samplings of 80+ flavors of coca-cola in the world. I took home a coca-cola cookbook and now I have even more of an excuse to indulge in coca-cola.

I had a plain red dress in my closet that wasn't shown in love for at least a year. A lightbulb went off in my head, I decided I would be my favorite brand for Halloween and dragged the boyfriend into it to make it a couple costume.

Happy Halloween from your favorite well on HH - Jack and Coke ;)


I'm a year wiser with more experience under my belt. I've sharpened my domestic skills such as frying oreos like a BOSS. But, I still can't sow worth my life. Thank god for super glue. And here I anniversary no-sew, glue-friendly costume.

the inspiration:


How to make the coca-cola costume:


1) Get a spool of silver ribbon and glue. In this picture it's a fabric glue pen but I found that the fabric tape worked MUCH better. I switched immediately.
2) Lay fabric tape onto the top of dress
3) Peel and place silver ribbon on top. Repeat for the bottom of the dress
4) Get Avery DARK transfer paper. The DARK transfer paper has a white backing. If you get the light, white areas will be transparent. I saved the logo and wave as 2 8.5 x 11 PDFs and printed on the paper using an inkjet printer.
5) Cut out as close to the words and wave as possible. Lay onto the dress. 
6) Iron on with provided wax paper according to Avery instructions (optional) - with hindsight being 20/20 I recommend just gluing that puppy on. I went through with ironing it but caused some smearing of red ink which turned me into a vintage coke.

Lastly, get silly with friends! Enjoy....happiness ;)



3 comments:

HiEveryone said...

OMG! that is so cute!

Jones Morris said...

i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. kakashi costume

Brooke Persyn said...

Would you be interested in selling/renting me your dress? I live in Houston, and would be happy to come pick it up! I also have a passion for create costumes, and I would be happy to loan you any of mine!