Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Vegetable Dishes So Good You'll Slap Yo Mama


I've always loved veggies. The caveat is that they have to be cooked though.

My favorite dish as a kid was Chicken and Broccoli with emphasis on the broccoli. I could eat the entire dish of broccoli and as much as I love chicken (and uh, I LOVE chicken) something about the broccoli soaked in my mom's stir fry sauce was little Chungry Girl's dream come true. In my home, my mom always made some sort of vegetable dish with every meal. 

Now that I'm grown, this need for vegetables cries out to me like Jodeci. So without further adieu, the list of vegetable dishes so good, you'll slap yo mama.

Perry's Signature Fried Asparagus
What's the damn deal: Think about the best thing EVER in life. Now, add 100. Then multiple that times 10. That's this right here. Fried Asparagus is the ish and then add jumbo lump crab meat and drizzle it in butter sauce for the ultimate foodgasm. Seriously, I don't care if my pee smells for a week straight, I will fight someone for the last piece.
Where to get your grub on: Perry's Steakhouse; Various Locations

Roost Fried Cauliflower

What's the damn deal: The flavor combination in this dish is just mind blowing. Crispy cauliflower in a miso-mayo sauce with scallions, pine nuts, and topped with bonito flakes. Total umami pleaser. If you don't know what bonito flakes are.... why, you're in for a creepy, crawly treat. The miso-mayo sauce is so good, you'll want to make it a makeshift additional spread to their bread service. For real, it's gold. don't let it go to waste or I'll save my mama and slap you! Jk. Not really, like Queen Bey says "I ain't sorry."
Where to get your grub on: Roost1972 Fairview St.

Wokker Texas Ranger Bonito Brussels Sprouts 
What's the damn deal: This is my most recent obsession. I've been a bit over the Houston Food Truck scene lately but Wokker Texas Ranger has reinvigorated the  food truck stalker in me partially thanks to this dish (among their other amazing items but I'll save that for another day, today it's all about the veg). These mini cabbage wanna-bes are flash fried with caramelized onions and pickled golden raisins and then tossed in a tasty vinaigrette with our neighborhood creepy, crawly bonito flake friends. Believe me, the Bonito Brussels Sprouts will make America great again.
Where to get your grub on: Wokker Texas Ranger; Location Changes Daily


No comments: