Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Erica Chronicle

Young Grasshopper's Ascendance into Adulthood

As of yesterday, April 5, 2010 at 5PM I am officially moving to Bentonville, AR to intern at Sam's Club/Walmart in the Technology Department as a Buying Intern for 3 months!!

My first step into professional adulthood. I am so excited and I can't wait to learn more about the world's most successful retailer! My friend Johanna signed full time with General Mills and will be working in Bentonville. Interestingly enough, we are on different sides of the same transaction (sort of). She's in sales while I'm in buying but I won't be working with food goods but technology. Either way, I'm really excited and happy that Johanna will be there as well!

- - - - - 

Holi Moli!

I am loving the warm weather! Sweaters, hoodies, long sleeves, ya'll have been good to me but it's time for you to come out of the closet. Hello shorts, tanks, bikinis, and aviator sunglasses. There has been talk about going Jet Skiing and tubing and all I can do is over-enthusiastically say yes yes yes!

Last week UT had a holi festival. Holi is a spring festival celebrated by Hindus in India. Officially it was on March 1 in India but we were waiting for good weather here and didn't celebrate it until the end of March. It was my first time and I had such a blast. "Rang" or colored powder is distributed and people start throwing it at each other. Imagine poofs of hot pink, green, purple, and orange galore. To get into the spirit, there is Bollywood music and people dance while they throw more rang around. I learned a basic of Bollywood dancing via Priyanka. One hand screws the light bulb and the other hand pets the dog and voila.... bollywood star!

Before:

After:

No comments: