Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back to the Daily Grind

Miami was so much fun. Our group had a great time but we probably would never go to Miami again. In our experience, Miami was like New York on the beach. People were rather rude and unhelpful. It wasn't just one occasion, from the time we stepped off the plane, rented a car, ordered at McDonalds, interacted with locals, at the night scene, wherever.... people were just plain unfriendly. The beach was lovely and we made the best of our time. It was a great, relaxing Spring Break.

Now it's back to the daily grind. I started off with a test on Wednesday. I also have a test and a paper due next Tuesday. I've heard back from a company about an internship so I am super excited! They are so friendly and nice, they are allowing me 3 weeks to make my decision whether or not to take the offer. I am so thrilled. I even received a phone call from them this week asking if I had any questions they could answer, check up on me, and let me know how much they want me to consider their offer. I am planning on making my decision soon after I figure things out.

After some talking with Uncle Tai, he suggested that I adopt from an adoption agency instead of getting a purebred dog from a breeder. I've been looking online at Austin Pets Alive! and they show a listing of available dogs. A lot of these dogs are neglected or was in line to be put down but Austin Pets Alive! saved them. There are so many cute doggies I just wanna take home. I want to adopt one so badly, but I want to make sure my living condition is stable enough. I'm debating on if it would be better to adopt and bring it with me to wherever I might be in the Summer or wait until I come back to adopt a dog in August. I am 90% sure I am going to adopt a dog - these doggies need loving homes!

No comments: