Tuesday, August 25, 2009

22 more hours

22 more hours until I'm on the plane to my next adventure: Hong Kong. I'm feeling all sorts of mixed emotions: excitement, anxiety, fear.. but mostly excitement. I've been trying to imagine what Hong Kong will be like but all I know for sure is that it's probably not something that is imaginable. I'm half-packed and there are a few finishing errands I have to run before I go. Coincidentially, my last day in the states also happens to be a Tuesday which means my last meal is going to definitely be Popeyes. I will miss you fried chicken, Tex-Mex, and can't forget my good friend BBQ. Ya'll have been good to me!

There are many objectives that I want to accomplish during my time abroad:

1. Be immersed in a different culture and accept completely different viewpoints and lifestyles.
2. Find myself and figure out what the hell I want to do with my life.
3. Work on qualities I want to improve - patience, worrying, controlling my emotions, letting things go
4. NOT gain another freshman 15.
5. Create a global network for friendship and professional reasons.
6. Become more knowledgeable about world affairs and issues.
7. Learn to be truly grateful of my life and enjoying it to the fullest.
8. Improve my Cantonese
9. Get in touch with my Chinese roots and explore my inner F.O.B.
10. Being able to apply everything I learn when I come back.

I'm looking forward to all that lies ahead of me! Ok, maybe except the 20 hour plane ride... oh gawd! Stay tuned for Erica in Hong Kong!

1 comment:

thechiggah said...

have fun.. and send me back something okay?!