Monday, September 24, 2012

How to Wear Colored Jeans

Fashion is still a new animal to me. Previously, I've geared more towards to cautious side on trying on a trend.  My friend Tiffany is always at the forefront of fashion. She'll bust out a new trend before Chris Brown can bust a move. I always laugh at some of her fashion forward items like gladiator shoes or motorcycle jackets or oxfords before they become more mainstream but find myself wearing it weeks or months later. Tiffany always jokes that I'll adapt it within a year (*cough* oxfords in this post - has it been a year? :) ).

I'm still learning what styles work for me and my body so I'm becoming more open to trying new trends. My closet has a large range of different styles from flirty and girly to edgy and sexy. One thing I know I love is color - colors make me happy! So it's a given that I love the colored jeans trend this season. Especially since there are so many fun wears to wear them. Here is how I wear colored jeans.

1. Color block
Teal/Turquoise and coral are pretty popular colors. I paired my coral jeans with this teal tank and teal wedges. It gives a nice color block appeal to the outfit.

Shasa top, Express Zelda Colored Jean in Coral, Ninewest Wedges, Charming Charlie gold triangle necklace, Forever 21 coral & gold and mint green & gold bracelet, Charming Charlie gold arrow earrings 

2. Animal print

Here's another colored jean paired with an animal print top. I chose to wear this top with the teal jeans to match the accents of teal of the shirt. Since the shirt had a flirty appeal to it, I paired more dainty accessories with it like a simple charm necklace.

Forever 21 top, Express Stella Colored Sateen Jegging in Jewel Green, Kelly & Katie Valerie Pump, Forever 21 black and gold bracelet, Charming Charlie Tiger Charm Necklace

Animal print is pretty trendy this season. Bring out your inner girl power and rock a fierce look with animal print. I love the black and gold combination as well so I completed my outfit with black & gold accessories and some black wedge ankle boots. I love the comfort and support of wedges. 

Forever 21 top, Express Stella Colored Jeans in Dark Red, Madden Girl Vermont Wedge Bootie, Forever 21 black and gold bracelet


3. Same color family

Pairing colored jeans with a top within the same family hue is cute too. I paired my coral colored jeans with a light pink top. I just bought this pair of oxfords from Steve Madden and I love them! I love the pink soles of the shoe and thought it went perfect with the pink theme. Since pink is more girly, I paired it with girly accessories like the pink and mint gold bracelets and my gold chain necklace.

Express top,  Express Zelda Colored Jean in Coral , Steve Madden Jazie Oxfords in Taupe, Forever 21 coral & gold and mint green & gold bracelet, Forever 21 gold and teal stone necklace, Charming Charlie glasses & mustache necklace


Photos by Mineralblu Photography

2 comments:

Liang said...

Love this! Adorable outfits :) Liking the oxfords too.

Erica said...

thanks girl! :)