Sunday, February 28, 2010

Are you tired? Cause you've been running through my mind all day!

Wow I am terrible. It's been over a month since I've last blogged. I really need to get back into this. With everything going on lately, I surely need a writing outlet. It's weird how if you don't blog for a while, the events just seem so far off and obsolete to blog about. Let's see... we'll do top 5 things that have recently been on my mind.

5) Recruiting. Since I was abroad last semester, I missed out on recruiting season and I am now trying to catch up and find jobs that still need to be filled for the Summer. Luckily, many companies that I am interested in have a few internship positions open and I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to interview with companies that I am interested in. I've been applying for jobs in the retail and fast-consumer goods industry simply because those are the ones I like most. I've gotten to second rounds for two of the companies and are waiting to hear back from a few others. Let's keep my fingers crossed!

4) Communications. This is my first semester as an official CMS major so all my courses this semester are on the other side of the UT campus. I have to say, I love love love CMS. Whereas at times I was much rather staring at a wall than my accounting book, I am able to read through my CMS textbooks with interest and sometimes two or three times. I'm pretty sure if my close friends hear me say "according to my intimate relationships class, or in my culture communications book" they would probably strangle me. They are pretty much taking the course with me with how much I talk about my courses. On the sad note, I am not taking any Marketing classes and I've always enjoyed those as well.

3) Pizza Hut. I am interning for Pizza Hut this semester and its been a really great experience. I've got to really utilize my creativity and see results. There is a Pizza Hut in the stadium on campus that doesn't get any busy on off season of football. Students simply do not know it's open or don't want to travel to that side of campus. Our jobs as interns is to keep Pizza Hut open and spread awareness on campus. I am thinking constantly about ways to spread awareness. The part that is even more of a challenge is doing it on a limited budget. I have to really go outside of the box for that one and I've came up with my ideas that my boss has been raving over.  I will talk more if the marketing campaigns show promising results! Also Free Pizza is a bittersweet thing. I absolutely LOVE Pizza and Pizza Hut is definitely not sheisty with their workers and is very willing to feed us all the Pizza we could ever want....however...it comes with a price. I looked up the nutrition facts and golly gee... if I want to keep my weight low especially for Spring Break I can't be chomping on pizza every opportunity I get.

2) Spring Break. Dreary winter weather is getting way old. As a Summer baby, I absolutely adore the warmth and love the sun. I do like the change every now and then and pulling out cute sweaters and scarves but after about oh... 2 weeks I'm tired of nippy toes and fingers, sniffly noses, and shivering. So in that question: "Would you rather burn to death or freeze to death?" I guess I have my answer....although at extremes, both sound rather unpleasant. HOWEVER! Spring is on the way, Spring Break is less than 2 weeks away and I'm going to be basking in Miami sun for an entire week with my favorite people. I can't wait for water sports, sunglasses, and bathing suits. Okay, maybe not the bathing suits cause studying and eating 24/7 has definitely taken a toll on my body. Gregory gym, here I come!

1) Puppy. In 2009, I lost both of my dear doggies - one ran away while my family was on vacation and the other one died of old age. It was tough on me and I miss them terribly. But one takeaway is that, sad things do happen, your pets passing away is a given in life. Their life expectancy is usually about 1/9 of a humans. It's been almost 3 months and I feel like I'm ready for a new puppy in my life. I miss coming home to an excited baby who can't wait to see you. I miss taking my pup to the park or playing fetch. I have been doing extensive research on my free time and am debating between a Papillon or a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Small and perfect for my apartment lifestyle. I've just been researching and looking and I'm hoping to get one in the next few months...hopefully before May. I'm going to be saving my work money! I'm so excited :)

No comments: