Saturday, May 9, 2009

T.G.I.F

It's the weekend. Can it really be? The major week is now OVER! All I have left is a team report for MKT 460 and EOS, my last event as an ABSA officer! It's a bittersweet feeling. I feel relieved that the year is now over but I am sad to let the position go. I vowed, however, to not become a criticizing ex-officer or pompous, know-it-all old member. When Sunday rolls around and the new Internal VP's name rolls off my tongue, I am going to let it go. I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things!

Last night, I had the opportunity to step back and evaluate my romantic situation clearly. I realized how much slack I cut for him and a lot of the time, it was unacceptable. I put myself in a lot of ridiculous situations and I told myself many a times to remove myself from them. I guess I lost sight of that due to a pair of beautiful brown eyes. I will definitely try not to do that anymore. Surprisingly, I feel pretty at ease now and I'm okay with me, myself, and I.

I took some time to evaluate personal qualities I can work on. The one I have the most conflict is is my emotional sensitivity. A lot of times, my emotions govern my actions and decisions. I feel deeply and have an emotional opinion about everything. Most people associate emotional qualities as a negative quality. I use to feel rather offended when people would call me emotional. But thinking it through, being emotional is not a bad thing. Perhaps some actions that stem from this could be avoided, but overall I'm quite satisfied with my level of emotion.

Today was a pretty good Friday for me. Granted, I woke up at 8AM to study for my last MKT 460 test which I think went fairly well. Afterward, I had the opportunity to cook a meal for myself which I haven't done in over 2 weeks! I watched some CSI and The Perfect Man which I fell asleep on the couch in the middle of. I then went to an EOS meeting to finish up the senior gifts. After the EOS meeting, Monica, Alice, and I headed over to Will's house to have a BBQ to celebrate Ballz to the Wall's IM Championship! The food was delicious and the people are awesome. Everyone on the team got a silly superlative and mine was " most likely to not run to first after hitting the ball" for the fact that I like to stare at the ball and forget that I need to run to first base. Then we watched a hilarious slide show put on by Ronald and Michelle and wrapped up the night playing board games.

It was a rather simple day and I loved it. Sometimes it's the simple pleasures in life that make you happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the simple things do make life awesome :] when you're busy too ... otherwise you're just having simple days all the time and you're always seeking for something to busy you up or give you a thrill.

balance is good. and i miss you, and i love how you're always so honest in your blogs. that's why i'm not a good blogger. i can't always say what's on my mind :P

love you and let's catch up soon, k?