Saturday, April 25, 2009

I [don't] like BUTs and I cannot lie..

It seems like with me there is always a 'but'. Perhaps other people can relate. It's like that episode on "How I Met Your Mother" when they went around talking about their  'buts'. Robin is smart, witty, beautiful... BUT she's scared of commitment (Ted), she's Canadian (Marshall), and etc. And when you talk to your friends about this person that you're just not that into "___ is sweet, nice, dresses well and charming BUT [insert some reason that turns you off]"

I would like to think that I'm a confident individual. I recognize my own strengths and I'm rather proud of my good qualities. I'll say "thanks" to a compliment more than the "no no, I'm not that great" I think a big part of being happy is to think that you are just that great. But what happens when you feel like your "greatness" doesn't amount up to your 'but'? It especially stinks when someone you are particularly fond of says your great but something about you is not enough. "You're smart, interesting, attractive, caring, and ambitious....."BUT

I can't open up to you.

It's not the right time.

You care a little too much.


I'm just not that into you.

story.of.my.life.

No comments: