Saturday, July 11, 2009

Satan's Laptop, Fig Leaf Baby, Hong Kong + more

Hello world!

My laptop, also known as Satan's laptop, is in computer hospital - Best Buy's Geek Squad. Satan's laptop has been slowly overheating and it got to a point where I couldn't even surf the web for 30 minutes without it significantly slowing down. I brought it to Geek Squad on July 1st and the guy was completely condescending. He ran a few tests and concluded that nothing was wrong and implied that I was incompetent. The following week, I was working on Photoshop trying to make collages of pictures I had and it started freezing AGAIN. Aggravated, I took it to Geek Squad again and the guy finally believed me. So it's been 4 days since I've touched the internet via computer and I feel disconnected with the world. Thank god for Facebook Mobile and 3G. Ironically, geek squad is having trouble fixing my computer because every time they run a diagnostic, it overheats. HAH!

I'm so loving my internship. I work at Fig Leaf Baby which is a start up baby clothing company. FLB is possibly getting a Nordstrom account and I had the priviledge of designing one of the possible bodysuits Norstrom would sell! So we have our fingers cross that Nordstrom picks up our line. Kim, the co-owner, have been working day and night (kid cudi?) on making our sample box perfect for the Nordstrom lady. This week has been pretty crazy for us because we had to redesign the entire Fall collection. Our manufacturer is in Peru and Peru has a very different time orientation, meaning they are terrible at keeping deadlines. Therefore, a lot of the pieces won't be able to be made in time so we had to think of other solutions. Kim also asked me to continue working for her after I come back from Hong Kong! :)

There are a lot of things in the world that I want to see. I have this grandiose plan of traveling the world. However, I don't want to just travel and sight see. I want to live there for some time to really get a feeling of what their culture is like. Here is an outline of what I plan to do before I'm 25.

- Study Abroad through Business in Hong Kong
- Study Abroad through Communications in Europe (Czech Republic or Germany)
- Teach English in South Korea or Japan
- Live in 3 different cities in the U.S

Hong Kong is just a little over a month away. I've also recently been accepted to the Communications school at UT so studying abroad in Europe is undergoing a work in progress. I'm so excited! :)

No comments: