Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

This weekend has been one of ups and downs for me. Lots of things to be excited about and lots of deep disappointments. I'm usually not one to dwell on unhappy situations and I try to be optimistic, positive, and pleasant. It's been difficult for me to remain positive when so many disappointments are hitting me back to back.

The Good:
- SUPERinB.E.D (ABSA Family) placed 3rd in Iron Chef!! The first time our family has placed in anything ALL year.
- ABSA Men's IM Basketball team won our FIRST IM CHAMPIONSHIP in ABSA history!
- Snowball (my doggy) is coming to visit for 2 weeks on April 9!

The Bad:
- I have two tests tomorrow and I'm way under prepared, I will dedicate my next 32 hours focusing on these tests after I write this blog
- Two presentations in the next 2 weeks. ugh.

The Ugly:
- I've found that I lost a lot of respect for the closest people in my life. I feel a wall of emotional distance come up and the wall of trust fall apart. What do you do when you feel so disappointed by the people that usually make you so happy?
- Dwelling in past negative experiences are not good. I'm a person that experience emotions over and over again. It's good when something makes me happy, every time I think about it it brings me joy but it has a extreme negative effect as well. Whenever something bad happens to me that brings me down, I can experience the same pain over and over again. There has been something I've been trying very hard to forget and I've been doing an excellent job too. But somehow, it crept up and did a surprise attack on me Saturday night and it made me felt as if I was back to square one.

All in all, life works in mysterious ways. I'm sure there is a reason for everything that has happened. I'm sure that everything will make sense one day. I wish I knew all the answers, but I guess if I did it would defeat the purpose of living. One could say that I'm being unappreciative. I know there are people in the world living through worst things and have bigger problems to worry about and I'm complaining selfishly about my sad thoughts. I understand that. I usually know that. But at this exact moment, it's difficult to ignore the angst I feel inside. Let me be. Reprimand me later.

No comments: